A team at USDish created a list of PG or G-rated kids’ Halloween movies and used an SEO company to uncover the movies with the greatest keyword search ranking to determine which frightening movie was most regularly Googled in each state.
The top possibility was the Scooby-Doo movie from 2002, which topped the list of films most often searched for in 13 states.
Tim Burton’s Coraline scored well in numerous states and can be found in second. The classics Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters came in 3rd and fourth location.
Halloween: Origin & & significance behind this celebration of scare
Halloween: Origin & & significance behind this celebration of alarm
Festival of startle
From pumpkins to pranks and interaction with the dead, Halloween is a patchwork holiday stitched together with religious and occult traditions that cover across centuries.
History of this festival
The history originates from the time of Celts, a collection of people with origins in main Europe. Their culture spread more than 2000 years ago. They used to celebrate completion of the harvest season with a celebration called Soin on October 31.
Celtic New Year
It also marked the Celtic New Year and was considered a time between years, a magical time when the ghosts of the dead strolled the earth.
What is Halloween?On Soin the villagers collected and lit bonfires to drive the dead back to the spirit world and keep them away from the living. Here’s the total list.
– Scooby-Do: Alabama, Alaska, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina
– Caroline: Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Nevada, New Jersey, New York City, Utah, Washington
– Ghostbusters: Idaho, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin
– Beetlejuice: Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, South Dakota, Vermont
– Hocus Pocus: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, West Virginia
– ET: Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland
– Coco: New Mexico, Texas
– The Witches: District of Columbia
– The Addams Household: Montana
– Gremlins: North Dakota
– Halloweentown: Oregon
– Hotel Transylvania: Wyoming
Often Asked Questions
Where can you watch Halloween films?
– Scooby-Doo can be seen on both HBO Max and Amazon Prime Video.
– On Disney+, you can see Coraline, Coco, Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus and Hocus Pocus 2.
– Both 1990 original and the 2020 remake of The Witches are available on Amazon Prime Video.
– On Paramount+, you can see The Addams Household.
– The Addams Household 2 and its 2019 animated adjustment are readily available on Amazon Prime Video and Paramount+.
Are there other Halloween movies to watch?
Naturally, lots of other Halloween motion pictures can be seen with the entire family this year on Netflix and HBO Max.
Disclaimer Declaration: This content is authored by an external company. The views expressed here are that of the respective authors/ entities and do not represent the views of Economic Times (ET). ET does not guarantee, vouch for or endorse any of its contents nor is responsible for them in any manner whatsoever. Please take all actions essential to determine that any details and material provided is correct, upgraded, and verified. ET thus disclaims any and all guarantees, express or suggested, associating with the report and any content therein.