Ignore romantic comedies, scary motion pictures are just as ideal for date night. What other motion picture category warrants successive hours of holding each other tight? We’ve created this guide to Halloween films in Tampa Bay for your scary watching enjoyment.
Instead of waiting until October 31 for a marathon, construct the anticipation all season long by capturing screenings of timeless scary films all around town.
Leading picks for Halloween Movies in Tampa Bay
A Problem on Franklin Street
October 14– 31, 2022 showtimes around 7:00 pm– 7:30 pm
Tampa’s many historical ~ and the majority of haunted ~ movie palace is happy to provide its most sinister series, A Headache on Franklin Street.
2022 Halloween Movie Lineup
- Hocus Pocus— Friday, Oct. 14, 7:30 pm
- Suspiria— Friday, Oct. 14, 10:30 pm
- The Rocky Scary Picture Program— Saturday, Oct. 15, 7:30 pm and 11:55 pm
- Friday the 13th— Sunday, Oct. 16, 2:00 pm
- Psycho— Sunday, Oct. 16, 5:30 pm
- X— Sunday, Sunday, Oct. 16, 8:30 pm
- Your house with a Clock in Its Walls— Monday, Oct. 17, 7:30 pm
- Grand Hampton Season Best— Tuesday, Oct. 18, 7:30 pm
- Theatre of Blood— Wednesday, Oct. 19, 7:00 pm
- Family pet Sematary— Thursday, Oct. 20, 7:30 pm
- SpiritsFest 2022: “Opening Night”— Saturday, Oct. 22, 6pm and 9pm
- PHANTASMAGORIA XIII– “Poe, Through The Tales Darkly”– Sunday, Oct. 23, 2:00 pm
- Dead & & Buried— Monday, Oct. 24, 7:30 pm
- The Beast Comes at Midnight— Tuesday, Oct. 25, 7:00 pm
- An Evening with the Ghost Sibling— Wednesday, Oct. 26, 7:00 pm
- Campfire Stories (live on stage)– Thursday, Oct. 27, 7:00 pm
- The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog— Friday, Oct. 28, 7:00 pm
- Halloween— Monday, Oct. 31, 7:30 pm
Perk date concept– Late Night, Lights Off Paranormal Examination– Friday and Saturday, Oct. 28 and 29, 9:15 pm and Ghosts of Tampa Theatre Tour, day-to-day October 14-31.
Explore more ghost trips in Tampa Bay.
Silver Moon Drive-In
It’s a bit far to technically be Halloween motion pictures in Tampa, but how fun would it be to see Halloween movies at a drive-in? Prepare yourself for a night of delights and chills with Silver Moon Drive-In in Lakeland
Friday, Oct 28, annual Halloween movie marathon $25 per vehicle
Retro Thrills on Screen One = Beetlejuice, Gremlins, Little Store Horrors, Lost Boys, Nightmare Elm Street
Timeless Monsters on Screen Two = Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Frankenstein fulfills Wolfman, Undetectable Man
4100 New Tampa Hwy Lakeland, FL 33815
At Lakeland’s Silver Moon Drive-In Theater, choose from 2 screens featuring a nightly double feature of different very first run movies. The concession area is stocked with affordably priced drinks (including beer!), popcorn and other snacks.
not technically Halloween films, there are some thrilling films revealing at Gigglewaters.
- Jaws— Saturday, Sept 24th, multiple showtimes throughout the day
- Clue— Sunday, Sept. 25th, numerous showtimes throughout the day
We connected to the great folks at Gigglewaters and they prepare to have actually Halloween films scheduled soon.
Motion pictures in the Park
“Hocus Pocus” Friday, October 21, activities begin at 6:00 pm
Largo Central Park
Tips for a Halloween Film Date
- Dress for a comfy movie-watching snuggle session (specifically enjoyable on a chilly night!).
- Speak about your comfort level ahead of time– are you into gore or not a lot?
- Constantly show up early about 30 minutes prior to showtime to stake out your spot!
Stay tuned …
We continue to find more Halloween motion pictures in Tampa Bay and will update as motion picture events are announced.